According to a research conducted in May 2018 by a small group of American #Educators and Sociologists, results showed that more than half the teenage population in Africa spend between 7-10 hours daily surfing through the internet and streaming on Social Media for new and exciting pieces of information.
Speaking on Odenigbo Radio at 8:30 AM this morning, Mrs @Uchenna Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu said that this tech-savvy attitude in teens is indeed a great potential that can be turned into a huge advantage in terms of #education for kids.
Discussing #techtrends gives kids the opportunity to:
• Become updated with the latest trends in the tech industry.
• Learn how to make good use of #online platforms for purposes such as
(i) Education, eg. research, gameplay, learning;
(ii) #Entrepreneurship, eg. online marketing, contents creation, blogging;
(III) Communication, eg. #socialmedia.
• Kids will also learn how to search for and download mobile apps of their choice from Google Play Store. They will also learn how to effectively use YouTube, Blogs, #Facebook, Email, Websites, #Google, Wikipedia, etc. to generate important information.
Engaging kids from as young as age 5 and upwards in conversations centering on the latest trends in smart tech and #innovations, and the use of digital technology will help to achieve 4 things:
• It integrates them into the digital economy of the ongoing #4thindustrialrevolution.
• It helps them think faster, smarter, and also learns how to solve problems using #digitaltechnology.
• It sparks and sustains their interest in #Science and Technology.
• It gives them a strong sense of purpose and responsibility in a world rippled with the rapid emergence of disruptive technological #inventions and their inventors.
Finally, availing young people with electronic gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, and computers is fundamental to unlocking their understanding of the potential of digital #technology and how best to put them to good use in the wake of the 4th Industrial revolution.
#infotech #Digitech #Edtech #Innovative #MicrosoftEdu #Robotech #BBCAfrica #Tech #E_Learning #Engineering #Educate